Are You Aware Of All
The Benefits Of Coconut Milk?
the benefits of coconut milk?
You may think that the only reason to use coconut milk is because it makes other foods taste better and creamier.
This is true.
However, it's also considered a functional food. This means that it can improve your health along with enhancing the look and feel of food.
Benefits of Coconut Milk
Coconut milk is a healthy addition to your diet because:
- Compared to cow’s milk it’s easier to digest because the body uses 3 less enzymes for its digestion as opposed to cow’s milk.
- It contains a high level of omega 3, 6 and 9 fats along with high amounts of amino acids. This excellent combination of fats and amino acids make it a complete meal in an of itself.
- The high level of omega 3, 6 and 9 fats and protein in this milk are more bio-available to humans compared to all other animal fats and most vegetable fats. This bio-availability results in the body’s ability to assimilate all its nutrients.
- It’s very healing to the digestive tract and even heals damage done to the system in cases of IBS, Crohn’s disease and severe malnutrition.
- It’s a healthy and dairy free food. Especially helpful for people who want to avoid dairy, are lactose intolerant, or have
- Helps build strong bones because it contains phosphorus. Phosphorus is a nutrient that is needed along with calcium to prevent bone loss and which supplies the body with phosphates. Phosphates are key for the building of bone.
- Helps maintain balanced blood sugar levels by being a good source of manganese. This mineral is usually deficient in people with blood sugar issues.
- Helps to reduce inflammation in joints by controlling the amount of free radicals in the system. As a result, arthritis sufferers can feel relief.
- Aids in lowering blood pressure levels because of its high level of potassium.
- Keeps the immune system strong and healthy by providing an optimal level of Vitamin C.
- Helps prevent anemia. Iron deficient anemia is a very common ailment among people throughout the world. One (1) cup of this milk can provide nearly a quarter of your daily iron needs.
- Helps nerves and muscles relax because it has an abundance of magnesium. This mineral counteracts the hyperactivity of nerves caused by too much calcium and relieves muscle pain and soreness. The B vitamins in coconut milk also benefit nerves by calming them.
- Promotes prostate health because it contains the mineral, zinc. Zinc helps to inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
- Helpful for weight management because when you consume this milk you feel fuller sooner due to its level of fiber.
Benefits of Coconut Milk For Skin
- Helps blood vessels and skin stay elastic and flexible. In order for the body to carry out many of its functions, the mineral copper is necessary. Copper works hand in hand with vitamin C to keep skin and blood vessels staying flexible and elastic.
- Is an effective skin cleanser and exfoliator.
Benefits of Coconut Milk For Hair
- Coconut milk benefits hair because it contains vitamin E and a high level of fat. The combination of vitamin E and fats work together to moisturize hair deeply and effectively along with nourishing hair which promotes healthy growth. The milk is also effective at controlling excessive hair loss.
Looking for some new ways to cook with coconut milk? Check out our
coconut milk recipes page for some fresh new ideas!
Journeau, Jay N.D., 2011-12
Leave Benefits of Coconut Milk and Return to Coconut Milk Page